- TUBES: 5/8″ O.D. heavy wall seamless copper tubes for strength and good heat transfer. Return bends are joined to tubes with high temperature brazing alloy. Other tube materials available.
- FRAME: Tube sheets and braces constructed from heavy gauge mill galvanized steel. Baffles are arranged for waterflow perpendicular to tubes as standard.
- CIRCUITING: Coils are circuited for direct expansion halocarbon refrigerants.
- TANK: Constructed of FDA approved, high density polythylene. Non-corroding, heavy-duty tank has supply and return connections, water distribution system tank cover.
Options and Accessories:
- Stainless Steel Tubes
- Stainless Steel or Aluminum Casing
- Glycol or Brine Circuiting
- Flooded or Recirculated Refrigerant Circuiting
- Baffles and Tank arranged for submerged operation
- Colmac HFB Baudelot Coolers are used in industrial applications for chilling a liquid to near it’s freezing point. Normally these coolers are used in systems where water is the liquid being chilled. A typical application is to chill process water used to take field heat out of produce.
- In a produce hydro-cooler, the process water is circulated quickly through the Baudelot Cooler where it reaches a temperature of approximately 32°F. The water is then sprayed over the produce, drains into a sump and is returned to the cooler for another cycle.
- For the condensing side of your system, Colmac ACV Air-Cooled Condensers offer a cost-effective, virtually maintenance free alternative to evaporative or water-cooled condensing systems.